Please be aware that visa regulations can change. The Rwandan Embassy or Consulate in your home country is the best source of up-to-date information.
Many visitors to Rwanda require a visa in order to enter the country; however, some can apply for a visa online and/or upon arrival. Please note that applying for a visa online may be more efficient than applying upon arrival.
If you will require a visa to visit Rwanda, be sure to allow plenty of time for the application process before your departure date.
Travel regulations are known to change without notice to the public, so we recommend that ICFP participants check current regulations with the Rwandan Embassy in your country.
- East African Community (EAC) Partner States citizens are eligible for a renewable 6-month visitors pass at entry points with no fee.
- Nationals of all other African countries traveling to or transiting through Rwanda can obtain an entry visa upon arrival for the fee of $30 USD.
- Nationals of Singapore, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Philippines, and Democratic Republic of the Congo are exempted from entry visas for a stay of up to 90 days.
- Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States of America are eligible for visas upon arrival without prior application, for the standard fee of $30 USD for a period of up to 30 days.
- Nationals of countries not mentioned above must submit a visa application before traveling, at Rwandan Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online.
Visit the Rwanda Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration website for more information about visas.
Requirements for Entry:
- Applicants should have a valid passport or another acceptable travel document. The document must have a validity of at least 6 months on the day of entry in Rwanda and at least two (2) blank facing pages.
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination may be required if entering from the countries listed on the Rwandan Immigration website.
Additional immunizations may be required or recommended; please visit a travel clinic.
Invitation letters will be issued through the online registration system, but only after full payment for registration fees has been received.