Learn more about visiting Kigali, Rwanda, via the downloadable publication Dine & Shop Around Kigali, from the Rwanda Development Board and Rwanda Convention Bureau. The publication includes information about restaurants and coffeeshops, tours, national parks, banks, cab companies, and more.
From Dine & Shop Around Kigali:
Kigali is Rwanda’s rapidly growing vibrant capital city and most important business centre in the country. Founded in 1907 as a small colonial outpost with limited linkage to the outside world, it has today grown into a modern metropolis – the heart of the emerging Rwandan economy and the safest and cleanest capital city on the continent of Africa.
Kigali is the gateway city to the land of a thousand hills. Before heading out on one of Rwanda’s wonderful travel adventures showcased in the “Get Around” section, you will be delighted by our many varied restaurants, coffee shops and nightlife options in which to ‘Dine Around Kigali’. A haven for all things arts and culture, we have presented a range of craft, fashion, art and souvenir shops for you to explore. We invite you to enjoy the best of what our city has to offer.
Rwanda Key Facts
- Time Zone: Central African Time (CAT) – GMT +2 hours
- Size: 26,338 square kilometers
- Population: 11.46 million
- Capital City: Kigali
- Major Economic Sectors: Tourism, mining and agriculture
- Local Currency: Rwandan Franc
- Foreign Currencies: All major currencies are accepted
- Local Languages: Kinyarwanda, French, Swahili and English
- Official Language: Kinyarwanda, English
- President: H.E. Paul KAGAME
- Telephone Country Code: +250 (Telecommunication is among the best in Africa)
- ICT: High speed 4G LTE wireless broadband
- Climate: Temperate all year round (24 – 27 degrees Celsius) making Rwanda an ideal destination year-round.